Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 econovan gets hot ...but with the cap halfway…

Customer Question
I have a 2004 econovan...
I have a 2004 econovan gets hot ...but with the cap halfway cracked open gauge reads half but hot engine and cool radiator? Is it thermostat?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
3/1/2016
Ford Mechanic: Edward, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Eddie here and I will do my best to help. Is the top radiator hose hot to the touch near the radiator when the engine heats up? by chance? That would mean the thermostat has opened, and has let hot water come into the top of the radiator.