Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 ford 500. Won't start when its,cold turns over…

Customer Question
Hi I have a 2007...
Hi I have a 2007 ford 500 . Won't start when its,cold turns over warm it up and it will start and run fine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. So you have to wait till the day heats up before the car will start or get the vehicle into a heated garage?
  2. Once running are there warning lights on?
  3. Once started is there exhaust smoke briefly?
  4. When cold will it start with throttle applied?
to #1 no to #2 Yes to #3 No to #4
still waiting for a reply!

Sorry I do not work the morning shift. I had went to be about an hour prior to your 4 am response.

Since there is exhaust smoke is that smoke blue from oil or black from fuel. It is possibly you have a dirty MAF sensor or throttle body. It can also be from leaking fuel injectors while off flooding the engine. Can you clean those 2 things prior to us doing more extensive testing?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris