Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2007 F150. The license plate light and tailgate

Customer Question

I have a 2007 F150. The license plate light and tailgate light bar quit working.Is there a fuse for that? I know the light bar (or strip) plugs in to a 4 flat plug.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My tail lights,brake lights and turn signals all work but no license plate light
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced fuses 1 and 18.I didn't get an owners manual so can't look it up
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: i don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The light bar is not OEM, and you mentioned it plugs into the trailer connector. Can you check the 4 pin connector to verify the ground and park lamp power are good there? The license plate lights are wired into the rear parking lights. Can you unplug one of those bulbs and see what its missing, power or ground, so we can find this wire issue?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris