A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I am looking wiper control module on a 2001 Ford F150.

Customer Question

I am looking for the wiper control module on a 2001 Ford F150.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: wipers are not working. Checked motor, fuses, multifunction switch. I am looking for the wiper control module.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the fuses, motor, arms, combination switch,
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Your 2001 F150 does not have a wiper control module. The wipers are controlled by the GEM Module mounted on the back side of the dash fuse box under the drivers side of the dash.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.