Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician
Experience:  28 yrs. experience as Ford ASE Master Technician. Accolades include being a 2005 Ford PTS Regional Finalist and 2006 ASE Ford National Technician.
26022388

2002 ford windstar OD is flashing and codes 1747 0743 0750

Customer Question

2002 ford windstar OD is flashing and codes 1747 0743 0750 0760 0443 1451
Category: Ford
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Scott

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Scott..... Jerry here
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Check fuse 19 in battery junction box under the hood, see if this is blown, also check the electrical connector on top of the transmission, make sure there is no corrosion and plugged in securely. Here is a electrical diagram also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse 19 is blown
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, now unplug the connector on top of transmission, take a close look for chafing on the loom, replace the fuse, then reconnect the connector and see if blows when plugged in, if it does the short is internal, if it blows unplugged the short is in the loom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse blow only when connector is connected at top of transmission
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

Ok then either a solenoid or loom has shorted inside..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how can you tell which one?
Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

By loom inspection. Disconnect all the solenoids hook back up one at time and then see if the fuse blows when connected. If it does replace that solenoid.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

I would guess maybe the loom sorted. Pretty rare solenoids short but can happen.

Expert:  Scott W. replied 1 year ago.

If I have answered your question, please take the time to rate my help as this is how we are paid. Thank you.