Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

Ran out of gas in f 250 ,put. 5 gallons in..still won't

Customer Question

Ran out of gas in f 250 ,put. 5 gallons in..still won't start Vel'teena
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's all I know ran out of gas in the 2012 Ford 250 ,super duty
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

From your description it sounds like the fuel pump has seized due to low fuel level. Either that or there was sediment in the bottom of the tank that clogged the pick up strainer or fuel filter. You might try banging the bottom of the tank with a mallet while an assistant cranks the engine. Sometimes this will jar the pump enough to get it working again. If that does not work then the next step would be to check for fuel pressure. You can also check fuse 66 in the underhood fusebox. I'm assuming this is a gas engine. If its a diesel then the entire system is airlocked if it ran out fuel.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.