Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm ***** *****. Recently did head gaskets on a 93 3.0L

Customer Question
I'm ***** *****. Recently...

I'm ***** *****. Recently did head gaskets on a 93 3.0L ranger. Turns over but will not start. I have spark and fuel

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I replaced the fuel filter since it was clogged. The truck ran prior to the gaskets being done. I marked the distributor where I removed it from and reinstalled at the mark. I also put in new plugs

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/28/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure you have good fuel pressure (32 to 45 PSI) as well as good spark then the next to things to check would be to check to see if you have injector pulse as well as compression. You can check injector pulse with a standard 12 volt test light by placing the test end on the power side of the injector connector and the ground end on the other side and crank the engine over. If you have pulse the light should flash while cranking. Check these things for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. Ill be off for a while this morning but will check back in this after noon .