Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2000 Ford Focus ZTS 2litre dual overhead cams is running…

Customer Question
My 2000 Ford Focus ZTS...
My 2000 Ford Focus ZTS 2litre dual overhead cams is running smooth on low end and every time I ask to rev it up, the engine cuts out. I changed the fuel pump, external filter, fuel rail dyphram, cleaned the throttle body, and mass air flow sensor. Tried unplugging, mass air flow sensor and throttle body sensor and no change. Very irritating to say the least.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Fix It Man, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. This sounds like a failing throttle position sensor. This is a common failure and will cause this. How many miles are on the vehicle and is the check engine light coming on?