Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Lock key inside, never install the door code, any idea?

Customer Question
Hi ,I'm Dmitry. Lock key...
Hi ,I'm Dmitry. Lock key inside, never install the door code, any idea? Thanks for helping
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Please do not get upset, but Ford does not keep on file the keyless entry code. The only thing they keep on file is the actual metal key code which only a dealership service manager has security access to through Ford Motor Company. They will need for you to prove you own the vehicle and they will get the key code on line and have a key cut to match your vehicle through the parts department. If you have AAA road side service, they will send a locksmith to unlock your vehicle for you for free.