Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a god fiesta 2010 with auto tcm I have upgraded the…

Customer Question
I have a god fiesta...
I have a god fiesta 2010 with auto tcm I have upgraded the grounds as I found them to be very poorly designed but I now encountered a p0144 fault on the console computer and no faults showing on the scanner. I am hearing a clicking noise from the Vvt valve actuator.... This is still pointing me to ground or pulse voltage have you any pointers
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 2 years ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

you can get a clicking noise from the VVT actuator if you have low oil pressure or if the unit is clogeed up ?

So I'd suggest as the next step to do an oil flush treatment and then replace the oil and filter with fresh items to see if this helps

and yes I'd also agree that its worth checking over the grounds

there are some small ground connections that run out of the engine bay wiring loom and are secured to the engine with small ring terminals

these are the ECU specific earths so these should be bright and clean

P0144 fault relates to bank1 sensor 3 this model fiesta 1.6 only has two o2 sensors has this code another meaning or has combined faults be relating to this fault.
Also the noise from the Vvt only seems to be present when the engine is switched off

sometimes sensor 3 can mean sensor 2 or the last sensor on the exhaust after the engine

so its worth checking over the wiring and connector for that part

and for the clicking noise to come from the VVT with the ignition on but engine off( which is what I presume you meant) is very likely that the solenoid ( 2 wire valve on the cam cover) is faulty or has a short to ground

so I'd again check the state of the wiring and connector to this part and replace it if that looks OK

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you