Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am about to purchase a 2014 Chevy traverse, but it's in…

Customer Question
Hi I am about to...
Hi I am about to purchase a 2014 Chevy traverse, but it's in kilometers and I want to change it back to miles. I went thru the owners manual, but I can't find anything. I'm very frustrated but very interested in this truck
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/27/2016
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** are instructions to change units to English. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

-

To access this display, the vehicle must be in P (Park). Press the trip odometer reset stem until UNITS displays. This display allows you to select between metric or English units of measurement. Once in this display, press and hold the trip odometer reset stem to select between METRIC or ENGLISH units. All of the vehicle information will then be displayed in the unit of measurement selected.

I tried this over 100x. It won't work. It's a digital odometer

That is the only information I have available which is directly out of manual. Are you able to get to where it says UNITS on menu?

No I am not able too to even see that. All it saids is trip A, trip B and than the mileage on the car in kilometers

I'm assuming vehicle was in park when you did this?

Absolutely. I'm in the vehicle now. This has mind boggles me for the past 2 hours. I don't know what's wrong or what I'm doing wrong. I've even tried turning the engine off and tried resetting it with only the truck being on

Do you have buttons as shown in following picture?

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ukwgo28316jwk3/dic.PNG?dl=0

I'm not sure where to go from here, according to manual you should have the option just by pressing the stick as shown in your picture. I'll open question back up to see if someone else has some ideas. Someone will respond automatically when they can help. Thanks.

Thank you
Ford Mechanic: Fix It Man, Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Hello, my name is***** you still need help with this?
plzzzzzzzzzzz

I understand that the other expert was having you press the trip reset. You need to program it through the DIC (drive info center). This is with the controls either on the steering wheel on on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Do you know where this is?

I found it. It's not working

When you press the buttons nothing in the instrument cluster changes? If not then the switch is not operative. This happens a lot on this vehicle. Most of the time when the switch does not work it is because the control module cannot detect the switch. This occurs when the switch fails or more commonly when battery power is lost at some point. In some cases the battery can be disconnected and reconnected and that will register the switch. If not then the module needs to be programmed to activate the switch.

Ok. I'm just going to take it to the dealer. It's a very expensive truck and I don't want to throw my $ away. Am I still going to be charged by you guys? Or am I going to be able to get a refund?

If you do not feel as if I helped you then you simply can ask customer service for a refund. I just do not get any credit for the answer. I have no problem with that if you are not satisfied. There are times when repairs are beyond what can be done at home. If you need anything else please let me know. Thank you and have a great night.

Fix It Man
Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician