Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm ***** *****. I accidentally stuck the key to my Taurus…

Customer Question
I'm ***** *****. I...

I'm ***** *****. I accidentally stuck the key to my Taurus into my Five Hundred ignition. Now the security light blinks every 2 seconds and the key will not turn at all. I'm stuck in a gas station

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

More details?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/26/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

You may not be able to address this where your at. The theft system prevents starting, not the ability to turn the key. Using the wrong key possibly damaged the lock cylinder tumblers. insert the correct key by lightly taping and wiggling it as well do the same while trying to turn the key. If it still will not turn then the cylinder lock will have to be drilled out and replacement built to match your key code so the original keys will work and still be compatible with the theft system.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

The car was running before I got your response. Thanks anyway

Glad you got it resolved.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

It wasn't my car, but I think that ignition switch is going bad

Do you still need help?

Are you pleased with my help?