Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2004 F350 Super Duty Diesel had a loss of power, then

Customer Question
My 2004 F-350 Superduty Diesel...
My 2004 F-350 Superduty Diesel had a loss of power, then started blowing white smoke. I parked it until the next day. When I started it the next day it did not blow any white smoke, but it idled rough and had no power at all. I'm not sure what the problem is. Before this I noticed the "check gauge" light would come on when I slowed down or stopped, then it would off when I would accelerate. Can you help me please ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Any way you can get it scanned to see if there are codes stored?
  2. Has the vehicle been altered in any way or is a power programmer being used?
  3. Is the coolant level low?
  4. Are the turbo cold air charge tubes connected, not torn?
  5. Is the fuel and air filter clean?

The current info is pointing to a head gasket failure, stuck open EGR valve, or a faulty fuel injector(s).

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician