Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 ford excursion. Stuck in 4x4 low. Lights stays on.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 2 years ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

what does the switch do when you put the transmission in neutral and try to shift to 2wd hi?

I will do my best to assist you.

what happens when you put the transmission in neutral and turn the knob to 2wd hi?

I don't hear anything and the light stays on

HI,,SORRY I WAS OFF LINE,,ARE YOU THERE?

ok,,,i would think that your problem is the transfer case motor actuator..this is the shift motor on the side of the transfer case

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0tgeg1bk9luifx/0225-ford-excursions-Removal%20and%20Installation.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/n0tgeg1bk9luifx/0225-ford-excursions-Removal%20and%20Installation.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help