Jay!
Jay!, ASE Certified
Experience:  20 years Experience ASE Certified
10181755

Woody, I have a 2007 ford truck 6 cyclinder standard

Customer Question

Woody,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2007 ford truck 6 cyclinder standard transmission. I got in it this morning push the clutch to start and nothing happened. All the warning light came on. I l checked under the hood saw nothing and got back in pushed the clutch and it fired up. Just did it again now.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jay! replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you recall hearing a click when you attempted to start the truck when it didn't start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jay! replied 1 year ago.

There is a few things that you are going to want to check. First is the clutch switch. There is a switch on the clutch pedal that detects the pedal is being pressed to allow the starter to engage. If this switch is intermittently starting to fail it won't see that the clutch pedal is being depressed to allow the starter to engage.

The second is the starter solenoid. The solenoid could be going bad which will allow power to go to the starter for it to engage.

So your issue is most likely one of those two things. But the only time to really check it is when it is acting up

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay! replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!