Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Ford e250 2009 anti theft light is flashing rapidly failed

Customer Question
hi JA: Thanks. Can you give...
hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ford e250 2009 anti theft light is flashing rapidly failed to start
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don't beat around the bush. This is a bad news response.

The light flashing is because the vehicle can;t read the keys and is in a anti-theft no start state. In order to have that turned off, you will need to get a locksmith or pop-a-lock that has a Ford IDS tool to reset and reprogram the vehicle for your keys or have Ford do it and have the PATS system scanned to see what has failed to not allow the keys to be seen. It could be something as simple as power loss from a low battery that needs to be replaced to a more advanced repair of needing to replace the sensor for the keys to be read. The sensors do go out and thie only way to repair them and have them working again is using the Ford IDS scan tool.

I wish there was a better way, but there just isn't in this case. I know what it is like for I have been on that road myself several times with my own Ford vehicle.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Jeremy
Jeremy