Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Dunn. Cose P1633 on a 2004 Ford F150 2wd 1/2 ton, Started

Customer Question
Dunn. Cose P1633...

Dunn. Cose P1633 on a 2004 Ford F-150 2wd 1/2ton

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Started truck and seemed to take longer then usual to "fire". Finally started and once the idle went to normal it then dropped to around 600rpm and the check engine light came on. Drove it and everything seemed to run fine. When i went to start it again a little later it had a rough start again and then i went to AutoZone. They said it was showing as a voltage surge and battery was bed. Bought new battery and replaced and code still came on. Checked alternator and starter all were fine. Code P1633 is the current code that is showing. On a side note 3 days ago i cleaned my engine compartment. could i have gotten something wet or shorted out? if so where should i begin looking?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/25/2016
Ford Mechanic: A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE replied 2 years ago
A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE

Can you give me the VIN# ***** I can get the information for you?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician