Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Turns over won't start, 1996 F150, 5 liter, Drove it today…

Customer Question
Turns over won't start ...

Turns over won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: What model and year is your Ford?

1996 F150, 5 liter

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The Ford Mechanic can help you with your '96 5 . Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Drove it today to work no problem. now it won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Tried to jump it, tapped on starter, checked ditributro to see if it was loose (its not)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Ford Mechanic now?

Is it free

Mechanic's Assistant: The Ford Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

How much

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/24/2016
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 2 years ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. The engine cranks over but does not start? Does it have spark when cranking? Does it run on starting fluid? Does the check engine light come on with the key in the on position?