Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Looking to buy a 2003 f350crew cab 4x4. ran the vin and it…

Customer Question
looking to buy a 2003...
looking to buy a 2003 f350crew cab 4x4. ran the vin and it shows a 6.0 diesel but its a 7.3. possibly the wrong vin number from the factory when changing from the 6.0 to the 7.3 mid year.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/23/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. Can I get the vin#?
  2. Are you sure the vin# ***** wrote down correct?
  3. What concern do you have about the truck?
1FTSW31PX3EC24551 -Yes -The truck only had 50 miles put on it in a year and a half. wanted to make sure the motor had not been changed

Thanks, ***** ***** check the dash and door vin# ***** make sure they match. Also make sure you read the vin right. The 8th # (F=7.3) (P=6.0)

Although the 03 6.0 was a problematic engine and the 7.3 was much better, I find it hard to believe someone went through the hassle of installing a 7.3 in place of the 6.0, that is not easy.

Look at the end of the shifter, if it says OD cancel, then its a 7.3 transmission, if it says tow/haul then its a 6.0 transmission.

I have only seen 3 vin#s that truly had the wrong engine labeled so that is a possibility especially on a mid year swap. If it has a 7.3 and always was a 7.3 then that is a great engine to have.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris