Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Name is ***** ***** problem I'm having is my 94 ford ranger…

Customer Question
Name is ***** *****...

Name is ***** ***** problem I'm having is my 94 ford ranger not stating getting fuel I can smell gas changed all plugs and wires new starter when it does start it fires right back up after warmed up but when it sits over night just wont start run battery down numerious times and hook up to jump box or other vehichle acting like it not getting enough spark spark plugs are gapped at .054 could it be crank shaft sensor or something else please help

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Just seems like it not wanting to fire I know there known for not starting when its cold but its 50 here I can crank and crank till the battery is dead when I let off the ignition switch it it seems to sputter through injector system I put a bottle of injector cleaner in it and ran for couple days now just wont start at all

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/22/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

1. When the engine is cold does it appear to be cranking at sufficient speed?
  2. When the engine is cold can you remove a plug wire, crank the engine and see if there is at least 1/2 inch of blue spark?
  3. What liter engine?
  4. When cold will it start at full throttle?
no cranks at normal speed haven't tried the plug wire check it has the 4.0 fuel injected wont start at all when cold until after I crank on it for hour and have battery umped

When can you check the spark?

Do you know how to check injector pulse and fuel pressure?

nevermind

Okay, best of luck