Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2003 ford econoline e-150 jerks at all different speeds

Customer Question

My 2003 ford econoline e-150 jerks at all different speeds intermittently. All the coils and spark plugs have been changed
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: There is no check engine light on. It doesn't do it all of the time but it does do it quite a bit at all different sppeds.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My friend is a mechanic and we thought sparks and coil would solve the problem but it does not. His diagnostic machine shows nothing.
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: not that i can think of at this moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello does it act like you are driving over a washboard road or does it feel like an actual misfire?All the coils have been replaced? Does his scan tool have the ability to look at OBD II Mode 6 data? How many miles are on the engine?