Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 Ford Econoline Van. Was outside last night and…

Customer Question
I have a 2007...

I have a 2007 Ford Econoline Van. Was outside last night and noticed that the interior lights were blinking on and off and the car was buzzing/beeping. No key in ignition. All door were closed and locked. There is no alarm on the vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It had been drizzling all day. Don't know how long this has been happening.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/22/2016
Ford Mechanic: roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
roy
roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

it sounds like the battery is low. low voltage at a battery can cause all kind of crazy issues.

does it start and run???

Roy

it starts and runs. The battery is about 2 months old.

ok, thanks, ***** ***** a light control module that may be failing. you need a scan tool to access the module to see if has any faults stored.

do you have a scan tool???

Roy

no what do you recommend
I disconnected that battery last night so it wouldn't run down. So I suspect the faults would be lost.

if the problem comes back, the faults will return. I would at least take it to a shop and have them check it for you. a parts store will not be able to access this module

Roy