Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Acts like they won't release. It seems as if the tires are

Customer Question
Acts like the*****wont release...

Acts like the*****wont release. It seems as if the tires are binding up when turning. I realize the problem could, remotley,be a u-joint, but I have had this problem in older rigs and it was always I forgot to disengage the wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

This is a 1997 Explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?

This problem did not exist until this winter. I live in an area of snow and ice 4 months a year

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ray M., Ford Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Ray M.
Ray M., Ford Master Tech

What kind of surface is the vehicle sitting on right now?