Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is there a rear heater core? I can't afford to replace the…

Customer Question
Is there a rear...

Is there a rear heater core? I can't afford to replace the front one at the moment, but I have heat in the back. If I bypass the front, will I still have heat from the back one?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yep!

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I've determined that I'm losing coolant, but there are no visible signs, The heat doesn't work in the front except I get a little at 4500 rpm. The smell is the sweet smell of coolant, but none on the carpet. The rear heat still works fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?

It's a 2000 Expedition.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/20/2016
Ford Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i can help .

yes there is a rear core and yes you can bypass the front core and still have the rear work .