EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

I have a 2007 Escape and the door ajar light will either

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Escape and the door ajar light will either stay on with all doors closed or it will go on and off over and over with dome light coming on and door alarm sounds even while im driving
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Some days the light wont come on at all and other days it either flashes on and off or stays on most of the time. It seems to act up less if its colder outside
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if all possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: A lot of online forums say to spray WD-40 into the latches which I've done but didn't work. I wasn't sure if moving the door striker would help at all or not
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No, everything to do with the doors and instrument cluster are all original I haven't changed out anything in the interior
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Spraying the latches with lube is definitly the first place to start for this concern. But since you have done this and it did not help you really need to narrow it to one door.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Adjusting the striker usually has no effect on this concern. There are switches in the door latches that tell the computer the door is open. The switches commonly stick, or there could be a broken or chaffed wire(s) in the door harness.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for viewing my response. Do you have any more questions on this? Have you made progress getting the light to go off? Let me know and please rate my service and have a great day.