Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My name is ***** *****. My 08 Ford Escape XLT 6 cylinder has

Customer Question
been slipping gears.it has an...
My name is ***** *****. My 08 Ford Escape XLT 6 cylinder has been slipping gears.it has an abs light on, traction control light on, tire pressure sensor fault, check break system, and aux port malfunction on radio, and , no metal debris in tyranny fluid. Got an transmission output sensor to put in would this possibly resolve the slipping issues?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It also doesn't idle weird so I know the throttle body isn't malfunctioning
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
2/20/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

If a transaxle is slipping the rpms will rise high and fast but speed will not increase. When a trans has reached that state there is nothing to counteract the damage that has been done internally to the clutch plates. With any supposed trans issue you must always address all other concerns first since so many engine and ABS sensors are used for the way the computer controls the trans. With the current information there is not enough info to conclude the OSS sensor replacement is going to help anything. is there anyway you can get it scanned and let me know all the codes that are stored?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yeah, it still is running rough. The car wants to shift but only after getting up to 3000 rpm at first then it will shift gears. The code reader said transmission range sensor? I will use it again and get back to you with more information.

Please do keep in touch, the post will time out and close on the 27th.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician