Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name is ***** *****, I have a 2003 ford excursion with a

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, I have a 2003 ford excursion with a 7.3. It is leaking powersteering fluid behind the drivers side tire at an enormous rate. I can't seem to find where it is coming from though.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have replaced the cap which was needed, I have recently replaced the hydraboost hose but that is about it. The wheel well electronics and fire wall are all wet
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. It is hard to see but the lines that go into the box are probably leaking. They may be leaking right where they go into the box, or they commonly rub on each other and leak a little higher up. You may have to remove the intake tubing or the wheel well to get a better look.