Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is in. I have a 89 ford ranger. 4x4 I relaxed the

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** have a 89 ford ranger. 4x4 I relaxed the switch in the steering wheel checked the relay and replaced the windsheild wiper motor. My wipers still work in high only and no squirters. Come on when they want to also Not 89 I have a 99 ford ranger

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Relaxed the switch in the steering wheel checked the relay and replaced the windsheild wiper motor. My wipers still work in high only and no squirters. If I leave the switch on in the truck they come on when the want to

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/21/2016
Ford Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You could have a handful of things going on. The problem may be with the switch wiring, the GEM, the wiper relays or their wiring, assuming the replacement switch and motor can both be ruled out. It's always possible that you got a bad replacement part but it isn't that likely.

Have the wiper high/low and run/park relays been swapped with others?

Is there power on the white wire at the motor with the switch on low?