Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Suddenly the radio/cassette/cd in my 2003 Ranger quit

Customer Question
Suddenly the radio/cassette/cd in...

Suddenly the radio/cassette/cd in my 2003 Ranger quit working. The display shows the word "CALL". If I press the OFF switch, "CALL" goes away momentarily, but comes right back and remains displayed even with the ignition off. I pulled the fuse to shut the display off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I'm hoping

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?

Only 86k

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/19/2016
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** should be a button on either the steering wheel or dash, that says PHONE or has a picture of a phone, do you know where this button is?

I just checked top make sure. No - I don't have anything like that.
Theres a button on the radio with a picture of a phone - but that's for muting the radio.

have you tried pushing that button, when the radio is on?

ive never used the mute button before. and since this problem started it does not do anything like all the other controls.

then it is a problem within the radio unit, that button is pushed to mute it, and when its muted, it will display CALL, and if the buttton does not unmute it, then its a problem inside, and it will need to removed and repaired, or replaced,Tim

that's it ?

it cant be anything else, it has to be internal inside the radio,Tim

ok - thanks

Anytime my friend, Please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim