Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

07 f250/6.0 turbo Diesel, whenever I run fuel down to

Customer Question
07 f-250 /6.0 turbo Deisel...
07 f-250 /6.0 turbo Deisel , when ever I run fuel down to just under a quarter a tank the truck starts to buck and kick and eventually stalls as if no fuel . But says I have more than an 1/8 of a tank and max amount of gas I can get in is 25 gall?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Is it water or is my fuel gauge off ? If it's stuff ( water) at bottom how do I get it out?
2/19/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be an issue with either water contamination or another liquid or debris in the fuel tank causing this here.If you know you still have fuel in it by the amount of fuel you are able to put in doesnt add up as being empty then most likely there is debris or another contaminant in the fuel tank and the tank needs drained and cleaned to correct this here.

If you have to add the full amount of fuel that your tank is rated for when this occurs here then most likely the fuel level sender in the fuel tank itself is at fault needing replaced.

I have seen both cause this type of fault here needing corrected.

In order to get the fuel out the tank would need to be lowered out and manually drained from the fuel level sender hole in the tank to then clean it out and then reinstall and add new fuel to it.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete