Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. i've been having some

Customer Question
I have a 2002 Ford...
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Ive been having some issues and got several trouble codes. Im not sure if its the O2 sensor or possibly the spark plug wires
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The engine starts up fine but then it starts to idle rough, especially when I put it in reverse. It will stall from time to time when coming to a stop. It runs fine while on the freeway or as long as I keep giving it a little throttle. I did get trouble code P0300 and 0171/0174
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced my spark plugs, Ive inspected the EGR valve and the IAC valve, Ive also cleaned the MAF sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: when I replaced the spark plugs it seemed to have fixed the issue for a day or two before it started up agian
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
2/19/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Normally these 2 lean codes mean the engine is not getting enough fuel pressure, incorrect reading MAF sensor, or vacuum leaks. Will your scan tool show the MAF reading? Have you checked the fuel pressure? Have you checked for vacuum leaks using the spray starting fluid or spray brake cleaner method?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Trouble Codes P1130, 1131, 1132, 1150, 1151, 0171, 0174, 0136, 0316, 0300

Thanks for all the codes, I will use those in addition to the others if needed. Any comment on my last statements?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My scan tool will not show the MAF reading. I do not have the ability to check fuel pressure. I have only inspected hoses/lines for leaks, I have not used any spray method yet.

For the tests you can not do. You will need to have a tech do those for you. Run the engine at idle, spray short bursts of brake cleaner around all gaskets, seals, sensors, components, hoses, pipes from the heads to the MAF sensor. If you spray a leak the rpms will increase.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will definitely try that out today and get back to you. Thank you

Your welcome

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician