Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

4x4 light blinking 10 times

Customer Question
4x4 light blinking 10 times
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/18/2016
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 2 years ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made. No rate, site gets it all.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Yes it does. It needs to be flashed to match the vehicle's software to be able to communicate properly.

Also, that flashing 10 times can also indicate a shift motor failure as well. However, 75-80% of the time it is a failed control module, which you replaced already.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,

touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,

they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I have done the key reset and all is working except 4x4 light comes on.this is a all wheel drive.does not have shift buttons.

Light comes on or it comes on and flashes 10 times? If still flashing, the module is not being read properly by the PCM.

It still has a transfer case motor for the road stability feature on the vehicle. It can be acting up. We tend to change both in the shop because of the headaches that they both cause for the same light sequence.

where is the transfer case motor?give a diagram if possible.thanks

It is inside the transfer case.

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out. If you still need help, can you tell me what question you need answered?

4x4 light is flashing 10 times goes out and comes back on and flashes 10 more times.need to know what wires from the multi function box back to the tourque coupling on the rear end?

Thanks, ***** ***** a link to a wire diagram showing the wires that go to the rear differential.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/Escape4x4.pdf

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician