Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

In the process of removing and reinstalling rear door handle…

Customer Question
In the process of...

In the process of removing and reinstalling rear door handle it appears the spring that loads the tension on the handle as you pull it has come loose. Is it necessary to replace latch assembly or is there a way to move spring back into position?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

By examining the inside of opposite side door latch, the spring is misaligned. I have tried to move spring assembly back into place but there is limited visibility and not knowing the inner design I do not want to struggle with an unsolvable issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?

When door handle was removed there was the issue of the door not wanting to latch correctly

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/18/2016
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi my name is ***** ***** spring catch is molded into the plastic housing, so, no they cant be repaired, it will have to be replaced, what is the year, make and model of this?

2012 ford edge

do you have the chrome handles or the black?