Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2006 Ford Escape Hybrid. Parking lights won't turn off even

Customer Question
if I pull the fuse...
2006 Ford Escape Hybrid. Parking lights won't turn off even if I pull the fuse. I'm Dave.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not sure what else to say. Key is out, everything else is off. Lights stay on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The lights that are staying on are the top bulbs at the rear and the outside bulbs at the front.
2/18/2016
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** sounds like the park lamp relay has failed which is located on interior fusebox. Here is a picture, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hsm9lgpe2hniq0/parklamprelay.pdf?dl=0

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't see anything like that panel. Just fuses. Do I have to remove the large panel which holds the small access panel?

The relay is on rear of fuse box so fuse box will need to be removed. Let me know how it goes or if you run into more questions. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK. Let me remove it and take a look.

No problem, keep me updated. Thanks.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How do I remove the fuse panel? It appears I have to take the right cover off the whole center console.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Those are instructions for the power distribution box under the hood, not the relays behind the interior fuse box.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well, I guess they are for the interior fuse panel, but these instructions are worthless to anyone but a Ford mechanic. I am not happy with your reply or instructions.

It sounds like you are probably better off bringing vehicle to shop at this point. I'm sorry I could not be of more help, I hope you do not take it out on me that job is harder then expected. Thanks.

I can open question back up for someone else ot help if you would like.Thanks.

Would you like me to open question back up for someone else to help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, I won't give you a bad review. But your instructions were really not helpful except in illustrating that this is a huge task which involves more than just replacing a relay. I hope I am not charged for this.

I'll put in refund request

Or would you prefer me open question back up so someoen else can walk you through repair?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. It requires a lot of messing around including retraining the system after battery is reconnected. I'm in 2 feet of snow.
Dan, Technician