Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 210 expedition and the check engine light comes on…

Customer Question
I have a 210 expedition...
I have a 210 expedition and the check engine light comes on while driving. this only happens some times, is there something I could check myself without going to a mechanic?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question,

The check engine light come on when the PCM (computer) sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. If you can get the system scanned and get me the fault code and or codes I can help you get this fixed. Most auto part store such as auto zone will do this scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the I will help you get this resolved.