Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2007 explorer with 4.6l, I have a squeling sound

Customer Question

I have a 2007 explorer with 4.6l, I have a squeling sound coming from the passenger side front motor. I replaced belt, tensioner and all pulleys, still squeling. Removed belt and still squeling. Took it to a shop and they sead it was an exhaust leak. Just wondering if a leak would sound like a squeling belt, squels at a idle but goes away when give it some rpms??????
Category: Ford
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you pull the serpentine drive belt, pull it all the way off the crankshaft, crank and let the engine run for less than a minute (it won't overheat) and see if you still have the noise then? I doubt it's an exhaust leak if it sounds like a belt squeal. Are you the one that replaced the belt and tensioner etc.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ya I replaced belt, tensioner and all pulleys, removed belt completely and still squeling
Expert:  Edward replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so it is not anything that turns with the belt. is it a whistle? high pitched? like a vacuum leak?