James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2015 Mustang Eco Boost. In the parking lot of my

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Mustang Eco Boost. In the parking lot of my local grocery store, my key fob does not work. I get the notice on the dash of "no key detected" and I can't lock the car. I need to put the fob in the space below the cup holder to start the car. I don't have the problem anywhere else. I imagine the store is emitting an RF signal that is interfering with my fob. is there anything I can do about it? I go there a few times a week and I have to park at the far end of the parking lot if I want to lock my car.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is this the only spot you have issues with your key fob not working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had any problems anywhere else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any way to increase the power of the fob to override the interference?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I wish there was. If you have a tracking device in your car for insurance or GPS it can cause interference also. The antenna that controls it seems to be working ok. If you try the other key does it make a difference?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have tracking or GPS devices in the car and no, both fobs have the same issue. So I guess there is no solution other than a late night shot at the store's RF transmitter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't look like you can help me, can you please refund my money?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I did my best to help you but you are correct not everything can have an exact answer without seeing the vehicle. I can send it in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
James, have you been able to refund my fee yet? Please confirm.
Thanks,
**** ******