Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 04 ford f 250 lariat tow/haul light flashes but there are

Customer Question

hi my name is ***** ***** my 04 ford f 250 lariat tow/haul light flashes but there are no codes coming up on my sct scanner
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the truck is running fine I just need to fix it before I lose my transmission
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if it's something that I can do
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: is I just chanced the pcm because of an accident I have in the truck destroyed it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, when the overdrive lamp is flashing it will set a code, there is a good chance the scan tool you are using cant read the code because it is a proprietary code meaning, ford owns copyrights to certain transmission codes and only higher end scan tools or dealer style scan tools can read them. Is the truck driving ok and shfiting properly and only the od lamp is flashing