Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 f450 v10 crew cab flat bed the fuel tank is in…

Customer Question
I have a 2003 f450...
I have a 2003 f450 v10 crew cab flat bed the fuel tank is in the very back of the bed is there anyway to make it easier to replace the fuel pump without dropping the tank
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is Scott

How close is the bottom of the flat bed to to fuel tank?

Depending on how much room there is, sometimes if there is enough, we remove the rear tire to gain access to the lines and bolts and remove the pump without dropping the tank. We did have one where the customer cut a hole in the bed, we replaced the pump, then he welded the bed back because he had a hitch welded to the frame with no way to get the tank out. I don't know your configuration, but we do quite a few without removing the fuel tank.

We are not employees of this site, so when you are satified with your question, please take the time to rate my service, as this is how we are paid. If you need anything further just ask, thanks Scott