Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 ford range 3.o v-6 the engine light is on due…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 ford...
I have a 2001 ford range 3.o v-6 the engine light is on due to temp gauge low voltage, I replaced both coolant sensors and also found a short on the single wire going into the alternator, which I repaired and now it is so hard to start in the morning it acts as thought the valve timing is way off then all of a sudden it's fine the rest of the day?????? I need it smogged in less than 2 weeks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/17/2016
Ford Mechanic: Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, Tech Trainer

Hi there. Welcome to our site!

I'd like to help you, but I do not understand what you're trying to tell me on your post. These 3.0 engines are prone to develop head gasket leaks, which would explain all of the symptoms you describe. Is the Check Engine Light on? If so, do you know what codes are in memory?

the check engine light is on and the code is 107 coolant voltage low
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris