Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Name is ***** ***** i have a 2006 ford freestyle. I cannot…

Customer Question
Name is ***** *****...

Name is ***** ***** i have a 2006 ford freestyle. I cannot get it started. Somehow I think the anti theft system got enabled

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My sons girlfriend tried to start the car last night to warm it up. Im not sure what she did but the alarm light is on and there was a clicking noise when I got in the car. I tried to turn it over but nothing was happening

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/16/2016
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is it acting like a possible dead or weak battery or have you tried to recharge the battery or jump start the vehicle at all?

Have you tried to lock and unlock the doors with the key or remote to see if it starts then at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Tried to jump the vehicle last night but it did not work. Tried all of the above last night. I had to leave the car at the hockey rink. Unfortunately the rink had the car towed to a service shop and they are looking at it now. Im all set. Can you please refund my card as the jump did not work. I do not want a membership here so please refund the mastercard.

I apologize for the delay.

I will send this to customer service for you.

Thanks Pete