Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I want to unplug the airbags so that I can carry my two

Customer Question
I want to unplug...

I want to unplug the airbags so that I can carry my two grandchildren. My truck is a single cab 1994 F250. The only response I get is "it's against the law." This is the only vehicle I have. Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing except asking mechanics about it and looking on UTube. Do I have to remove the steering wheel? Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?

Well, I don't want to mess up any of the other functions such as cruise control, etc.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/16/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

The same answer you got before is the same one I am going to give sort of. I highly suggest you speak with your local police department about this. I fully understand its your only vehicle. My reasons for asking the police, the last thing you want is to get in a wreck, a child die, and you get charged with vehicular man slaughter. Please make sure its legal and safe first also keep the parents in the loop. How to disable the air bags, Remove fuse 5 under the dash. The air bag light should remain on, if so then the air bag system is disabled.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician