Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 Ford Escape V3. If I set the turn light then

Customer Question
I have a 2006 Ford...
I have a 2006 Ford Escape V3.
If I set the turnlight then after seven times blinking it starts to beep.
I let read out the codes, but nothing was found.
Sometimes the odometer did not work, then it doesn't beep when set the turn light.
Any idiea?
Thanks
Regine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/16/2016
Ford Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago
Joe Prestia

Where does this beeping sound seem to be coming from? the dash area or possibly the horn?

Hi Joe,
it comes out of the dash and its the same sound as when the seatbelt isn't used.Thanks.
Ford Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

I saw very similar symptoms once before on that make a model. The culprit was a bad solder joint on the inside of the instrument cluster.

Thanks.
I will remove the cluster and check what I can find.
Unfortunately I can do this not befor next weekend.
I let you know what I find.Thanks for now.Regine
Ford Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Thank you. Looking forward to hearing what you find!

Thanks, ***** *****Regine
Ford Mechanic: Joe Prestia,
 replied 2 years ago

Just curious to know if you've had a few minutes to pop that instrument panel out and look it over yet.