Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 1995 f150,timing is good until motor heats when i

Customer Question
stop and try to drive...
I have a 1995 f150,timing is good until motor heats when i stop and try to drive my rpm drops and my engine dies.just put a hole new disturber in and the timing is good,around 1100 rpm,put placed in drive drops to around 1600 to 1500 rpm and engine dies,have to either try to let starter crank for 5 t0 10 then starts or keep turning key on and off so fuel will get engine to start this takes longer than turning engine starter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
2/15/2016
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

1,500 rpm is way too high for an idle after the engine is warm.

Why is it so high?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician