Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 f150 died while driving electrical/start fault would…

Customer Question
2012 f150 died...

2012 f150 died while driving electrical/start fault would start with jump cables from a running vehicle replaced the battery first still would not start replaced the alternator the battery was left unhooked for about 24 hrs while getting a new alternator and getting it in now the pickup will not recognize either key and sets the alarm off when you put the key in the door or the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Why wont the pickup recognize the keys now

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

It is rare for an OEM alarm system (PATS) to not go off with the key in the run position. Are you sure the battery voltage is good and there is not an aftermarket alarm, immobilizer, or remote start on the vehicle causing this issue?

With the key in the run position, has the instrument cluster powered up and what is the check engine light and theft light doing?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers. I assume you were not pleased with me or my answer since you did not rate it leaving me feedback. Just so you know we can still work on this issue. We can pick up where we left off or start over. I hate you paid all that money for your question deposit and have left not satisfied. Would any diagrams or repair guides or a phone call help?.

Thanks Chris