Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a flat tire and replaced the tire with the spare tire,

Customer Question
drove over 100 miles on...
I had a flat tire and replaced the tire with the spare tire, drove over 100 miles on the highway and replaced it with a new tire, but it still feels like I'm driving on the spare it doesn't feel balanced, and it feels like it's dragging, also my transmission lite blinking every 20 miles
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 2 years ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** this vehicle AWD?

No

WAS THE SPARE ON THE FRONT FOR 100 MILES?

Yes

the donut tires are designed to be on the front, because it effects the gear ration, when ever you have a flat on the front, you are suppose to move one of the rear tires to that wheel and install the spare on the rear, I suspect you have damaged the transmission, if the transmission lite is blinking, it has a code stored in the transmission computer, you will have to have the trans computer scanned and see what code it is,Tim

let

Could this damage the the transmission?

Yes it could, so you need to have the transmission scanned for codes, the code will tell you the failed component,Tim