Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm trying to locate the A/c relay 2003 f-150 my unit cools…

Customer Question
I'm trying to locate...

I'm trying to locate the A/c relay for my 2003 f-150 my unit cools off and on. My box is like the one on the top

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Sometimes I get cool air and other times it's blowing hot air,then it starts blowing cool air. also the center console that gives the temperature light is out.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If it's possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?

No other wise it's working fine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: Mike S., ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

There is an a/c clutch relay in the battery junction box (BJB) located on the left side underhood.

Here is the wiring diagram,

As far as the light, is this auto or manual ac?

Here,

Here are the INTERIOR LIGHTS diagrams,

If that is the only bulb out, I believe that is just a burned out bulb.