Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a 06 ford e350 and i wanted to install a aftermarket…

Customer Question
hi i got a 06...
hi i got a 06 ford e350 and i wanted to install a aftermarket radio,anyway i clipped one of the radio wires and it was still hot and it sparked.so i checked if the van started everything worked but it woundnt crank and there was no juice at the radio.so i checked the fuse and it was shot so i changed the fuse and it still woundnt crank but i had power by the radio again.then i started it by connecting the two wires on the starter and it ran fine.it just wont start via the ignition.any help would be appriciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/14/2016
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is Scott

I will look at a wiring diagram, give me a few minutes.

Do you have a test light to check some circuits? Does it crank if placed in neutral?

No it dosent crank in neutral .i got a test light but im quit working on it tonight.can we resume tomorrow sometime r maby monday night.

Ok no problem

Hey i found the problem the starter relay fuse had simply fell out of the fuse box

Great news, glad you got it going.