Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No fire on passenger side of 06 f150 5.4
, was running…

Customer Question
No fire on passenger...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Was running great ran out of gas put gas in started up rough idle 30 mph top pulled coils off driver side engine miss a little pulled passenger side made no difference

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Ford
2/13/2016
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 2 years ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is Scott

Is there any noise in the engine?

Generally what we find when one bank isn't firing is either the exhaust cat is plugged on one side, or the engine timing chain has jumped time.

A compression test will tell if the engine is out of time, and a exhaust back pressure test by installing a back pressure tester into the oxygen sensor port will show if one cat is restricted.

A test on the computer should be done first to eliminate any hard fault electrical concerns, this is done with a good quality scan tool. Any more questions just ask, thanks Scott.