Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My 1994 crown vic interceptor is making tinkling/chirping

Customer Question
sound from the front end...
my 1994 crown vic interceptor is making tinkling/chirping sound from the front end. yesterday a mechanic (new to me) told me my front brakes were shot and car was dangerous to drive. I have heard no unusual sounds when braking nor felt anything unusual in brake peddle when braking. to test his report further I found a deserted road, got the car up to 35mph, let go of the steering wheel and braked as hard as I could. no noises, braked in a straight line. does this sound like front end brake failure to you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
2/12/2016
Ford Mechanic: Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

Hard to say but here is a test. See if it makes the noise when driving over bumps and if so, see if the noises go away when you touch the brake pedal slightly, (to tighten up any loose pads).

.

It is of course possible to have worn out brake pads and not be able to tell by driving or braking. They mostly have had some issues with suspension parts, (ball joints, etc) if the noise is independent of the braking systems.

.

Thanks

If you give me your email address, I can get the instructions for the brakes and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic